Terms and Conditions of Business and Use of Canadian Whisky Company
Canadian Whisky Company is completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. All of our terms and conditions have been put in place to protect the interests of our customers and to provide the best possible service to you all. Outlined below are all of our terms and conditions. If you want to buy from this site or use our web site you can only do so on these terms and conditions, and by using this web site you are agreeing to be bound by them. Although they are written in small print, we hope you will agree that they are designed to be fair to you and to us. We may change these from time to time by updating this posting. Please note, calls may be monitored and recorded for training purposes.
We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and in any way, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply to future orders. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. No contract will subsist between you and Canadian Whisky Company for the sale by it to you of any product unless and until Canadian Whisky Company accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has dispatched your product.
Canadian Whisky Company part of the Sevac Ltd Group
Fieldhouse Farm, Dunnings Lane, West Horndon, Brentwood, Essex CM13 3HE
Company Registration No: 04884158
VAT Registered No: VAT GB 820872434
- Carriage – deliveries received before 12.30 p.m. are usually despatched next day using our delivery services. Orders over £85.00 are carriage paid. All orders under £85.00 (including VAT) will have a price per item as calculated by purchase made. All carriage charges apply to delivery within the United Kingdom only.
- Any dates quoted for delivery of the Goods are approximate only and the Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods howsoever caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence. The Goods may be delivered by the Seller in advance of the quoted delivery date upon giving reasonable notice to the Buyer.
- Age Restrictions
- We won’t sell to anyone who isn’t 18 years old or over. Sorry, but that’s the law. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you are buying as a gift – the recipient must also be over 18 years old.
- If our couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request some form of ID. If the person receiving the order is unable to produce appropriate ID, unfortunately our couriers will be unable to leave the order.
- Sorry to have to state the obvious, but once the order has been delivered, according to your original delivery instructions, it becomes the recipient’s responsibility.
- Prices & Payment
Shop in complete confidence at Canadian Whisky Company, using our secure server, verified by TrustWave. Once you’ve decided what you want to buy, you can pay through the secure payment system of PayPal.
- All prices are quoted in pounds sterling, and may be per bottle or per case, as marked. The prices include Value Added Tax, unless otherwise specified. Any delivery charges are additional.
- We accept payment by Pay Pal, Master Card, Maestro, Visa, and American Express.
- Promotions are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- We reserve the right to terminate any special offer at any time, without notice.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards including Pay Pal, Master Card, Maestro, Visa, and American Express.
- Typographical Errors
Canadian Whisky Company has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at time of publishing and all products have been fairly described.
However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website. All prices are displayed inclusive of VAT. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Canadian Whisky Company disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website.
Canadian Whisky Company shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. In the event a product being listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, we shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products listed at the incorrect price.
We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, we shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
No contract will subsist between you and Canadian Whisky Company for the sale by it to you of any product unless and until Canadian Whisky Company accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has dispatched your product.
None of our customers has reported fraudulent use of a credit or debit card as a result of purchases made with us. We are so confident about the transaction security we offer on our site that we back every purchase with a security guarantee.
- If you are nervous about shopping on the web, don’t be. We use secure servers with state-of-the-art encryption and secure sockets layer (SSL) technology for the transfer of credit card information. Additionally, we have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally.
- To make sure that you don’t have to worry, we will make good any losses suffered by you and charged to you by your credit card company, up to a maximum of £1,000 through the unlawful use by a third party of your credit card or credit card information directly as a result of your use of our web site.
- It is your responsibility to protect your password from being disclosed to any third party.
A Few Important Notes: this guarantee only applies to credit or debit card purchases made to Canadian Whisky Company’s secure server or that of our payment partners. This guarantee covers a maximum liability of £1000.00. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit or debit card, you must notify your card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
- Coupons, Vouchers & Manufacturer Coupons
- If you have a voucher to redeem against the purchase of wine, the following terms and conditions apply, and you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
- Your coupons may be subject to their own terms and conditions in addition to those below which you will be advised of at the time of receipt of the coupon.
- You must be over 18 to buy alcohol.
- Vouchers are non-transferable, may not be sold at auction and have no cash alternative.
- Coupons may not be used with any other vouchers or promotional offers.
- Coupons are redeemed at the discretion of the management.
- Coupons cannot be used against delivery charges.
- Coupons cannot be used with any other promotional codes or loyalty discounts.
- Coupons can only be used on orders placed online and over the phone, prior to you placing your order. We are unable to accept coupons for any reason once your order has been placed.
- Minimum spend may apply.
- Coupons may not be used past any expiry dates.
- Coupons cannot be combined with bulk buying discounts.
- First order coupons can only be used once and one coupon per household.
If you would like to redeem a coupon code which you may have received then please enter it in lowercase on the website basket page without spaces. If you do have any trouble using your coupon online please call us on 07977 480792 (9am-5.30pm Mon-Fri, Calls are charged at your local rate, calls from mobiles may vary.) for assistance prior to placing your order. Coupons can only be used in conjunction with our terms and conditions as set out here.
From time to time we may issue you with a voucher. These can be used on any order and no minimum spend limits will apply. You redeem your credit note by following the instructions given with the voucher. Vouchers must be re-deemed within 3 months of the date of issue.
- If your order has not yet been processed by our warehouse you cancel your order in full and your card will be refunded within 30 days. Should your item have already been dispatched then you will have to follow our cancellation procedure.
- You may cancel your order for any reason whatsoever at any time up to 28 working days from the day after the date you receive your order, provided all of the bottles are unopened and intact.
- In order to cancel your order you must call us on 07977 480792 (9am-5.30pm Mon-Fri, Calls are charged at your local rate, calls from mobiles may vary.), or notify us by e-mail using our online form.
- You are responsible for the cost of returning the product back to us, unless they arrive damaged, faulty or not the item ordered.
- We shall reimburse the price of the returned items within 30 days from the date we receive back your return. It is your responsibility to pack your item to prevent any damage and use a suitable delivery method to return back your item and ensure you have adequate insurance against loss or damage for the full value of your item.
- Should your order be returned back to us by our courier due to a refusal to accept the goods, non -delivery caused by the incorrect address being given, or non-collection of your goods from our courier we will recover the return postage costs which will be charged at £15.00 per parcel.
- Should you wish for us to collect the goods Canadian Whisky Company reserves the right to charge an uplift fee to cover the cost of employing a courier company to collect the item from the customer which is currently £15 per parcel.
- Should you wish for us to re-send your parcel for any reason it will be done at the true cost to us which is currently £7.50 per parcel.
- You are entitled to cancel any payment at any time where fraudulent use has been made of your credit or debit card by another person not acting on behalf of you or as your agent and to be re-credited by us to the extent that such sums are not reimbursed by the card issuer in such circumstances.
Here at Canadian Whisky Company we want you to be delighted every time you shop with us. Occasionally though, we know you may want to return items, so below is our returns policy. We have made our terms crystal clear and our charges transparent to avoid any nasty surprises.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or miss-described goods. Further information about your rights is available from your Local Authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
- Products can be returned up to 28 days from date of delivery for a full refund or exchange.
- If an item is incorrect, please contact our Customer Service department as soon as possible with the order number and the missing item’s name and number and a description of what you have received. We will resolve the issue for you as quickly as we can. Please note that our return policy states that all incorrect items have to be reported within 7 days of the date your order is delivered otherwise we reserve the right to reject your request.
- If an item is missing, please contact our Customer Service department as soon as possible with the order number and the missing item’s name and number. We will resolve the issue for you as quickly as we can. Please note that our return policy states that all missing items have to be reported within 7 days of the date your order is delivered otherwise we reserve the right to reject your request.
- If you have accepted a parcel before realising it was damaged, then we ask you take a picture of the damaged items and contact our Customer Service department as soon as possible so we can take the necessary action and resend an item or refund you accordingly. All damaged goods have to be reported within 7 days of the date your order is delivered otherwise we reserve the right to reject your request.
- If you believe an item is defective or faulty, please contact our Customer Service department as soon as possible with the order number and the item’s name and number. We will resolve the issue for you as quickly as we can. Please note that our return policy states that all faulty items have to be reported within 28 days of the date your order is delivered otherwise we reserve the right to reject your request.
- You are responsible for the cost of returning the product back to us, unless they arrive damaged, faulty or not the item ordered.
- All refunds and reimbursements will be paid within 30 days from the date we receive back your return.
- Any items collected by our carrier must be in their original box to avoid further breakages, where possible.
- It is your responsibility to pack your item to prevent any damage and use a suitable delivery method to return back your item and ensure you have adequate insurance against loss or damage for the full value of your item.
- We regret that we cannot accept cancellations of contracts for the purchase of damaged products unless delivered damaged, part used items, or other perishable goods.
To return an item, please enclose a note giving the reason for the return along with your order number, wrap the package securely and send the package to the address below.
Canadian Whisky Company
Essex CM13 3HE
- Intellectual Property
- You agree and acknowledge that we own or are licensed to use all copyright, database rights, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in and to all parts of this web site, and to the business of Canadian Whisky Company Limited, including the structure, design and layout of the web site.
- You are entitled to use our web site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions only. You must obtain our prior written consent before you use our web site or any part of it in any other manner.
- All persons, individual and corporate, are prohibited from providing hypertext or other links to the Canadian Whisky Company.com web site, other than to our home page, from their own web site or from a third party’s web site, without our prior written consent.
- We warrant that the gifts will be of satisfactory quality and fit for their general purpose.
- Limitation of Liability
- Any disclaimers and exclusions of liability in these terms & conditions shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Canadian Whisky Company or any of its employees or agents or fraud.
- If any provisions of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- Loss or damage was not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
- Loss or damage was not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier;
- Loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers.
- Subject to Clause 11a we will not be liable for loss or damage caused by the customer handling the products. In particular we will not be liable for spillages or breakages.
- Customers should also be aware of the following inherent risks and warnings:
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
- A case is heavy so extra care should be taken when lifting it. If you are concerned about the weight we advise that you transfer the bottles 1 or 2 at a time.
- Red wine in particular may cause staining if spilt so extra care should be taken.
- Sparkling wines and champagnes can be volatile due to the build-up of gasses extra care should be taken when opening these.
- We shall not be liable for any delay in delivering your gift if that delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our control such as, Acts of Nature (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity, failure of ISP or telecommunications provider in connection with the performance of this Agreement.
- Canadian Whisky Company may change or add to these terms and conditions for security, legal or regulatory reasons. We will not use this right to vary the terms of any special offer that applies to you.
- The sale of the goods takes place only when your order is despatched from our warehouse. Until that time, Canadian Whisky Company will not be bound to supply the goods at the price.
- We have placed links on this website to other website’s we think you may want to visit. We do not vet these website’s and do not have any control over their contents. Canadian Whisky Company cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of these website’s.
- These Terms and Conditions form the only Terms and Conditions between the parties and there shall be no variation or amendment of these terms unless agreed in writing between the parties and signed by a director of Gifts2Dink Limited. No employees or agents of ours have the right to bind us to any oral agreement that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to these terms and conditions and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Here are our details should you want to contact us:
Canadian Whisky Company
E-mail: You can send our Customer Service team an e-mail using our online form
- Corporate Orders
- Corporate Definition
A corporate order is an order where the corporate customer orders 5 or more orders on the same day.
- Delivery Address(es)
Where an order(s) contain(s) goods to be delivered to more than one delivery address, it is the responsibility of the corporate customer placing the order(s) to ensure that all delivery address(es) provided to Canadian Whisky Company are correct. If goods are delivered to an incorrect address(es) as a result of incorrect information provided by the corporate customer, Canadian Whisky Company will not take responsibility for this and the corporate customer will be charged for the cost of replacement goods and the cost of delivering the replacement goods to the correct address(es).
We accept payment from corporate customers by credit/debit/charge card, bank transfer, cheque and credit account. In the case of payment by bank transfer and cheque the order(s) will only be shipped when cleared funds have been received in Canadian Whisky Company’s bank account.
- Corporate Credit Accounts
- Canadian Whisky Company will invoice for each order unless otherwise agreed in writing. Payment should be made in full within 30 days of the invoice date (“settlement date”). Payment by cheque/baccs is required to qualify for discount. The right is reserved to charge interest, at a rate of 3% above the prevailing Bank base rate, on all sums outstanding for the period between the due settlement date and the date on which payment in full is actually received without prejudice to our rights to pursue such outstanding sums at any time after the settlement date.
- Settlement discounts are paid to Credit Account holders only, based on your net spending within the period and will be credited to your account at the following month end. To qualify all invoices raised within the period must be paid in full by BACCS on or before the date they fall due. Periods are January-March, April-June, July-September, October-December.
- When an account becomes overdue, we reserve the right to ask for all outstanding invoices to be paid before further orders are despatched.
- We regret that further orders will not be despatched whilst any overdue account remains unpaid.
- We reserve the right to alter prices without notice and goods will be invoiced at the prices ruling on the day of delivery, including Value Added Tax at the prevailing rate.
- Property, legal or beneficial, in any goods supplied by Canadian Whisky Company shall pass to the buyer only when Canadian Whisky Company has received full payment for all sums then owed by the buyer to Canadian Whisky Company. Goods in respect of which property has remained with Canadian Whisky Company shall be kept identifiable as those of Canadian Whisky Company, and the buyer shall at its own expense immediately return such goods to Canadian Whisky Company, or permit Canadian Whisky Company to enter into the buyer’s premises to collect such goods should Canadian Whisky Company so request. Risk shall pass to the buyer with possession of the goods.
- All goods are offered subject to availability. In the event, on non-availability, substitutions will only be carried out with the agreement of the customer. In all cases, the customer will be informed of any substitution and price change in advance.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure their appropriate personnel sign for all deliveries. We reserve the right to alter delivery prices without notice and goods will be invoiced at the delivery prices ruling on the day of delivery, including Value Added Tax at the prevailing rate.
- International and multiple address deliveries are subject to negotiation.
- In accordance with UK legislation, we will only supply alcohol to persons aged 18 years and over.
- We shall not be liable for the failure of any terms of any transaction governed by these conditions of sale if fulfilment has been delayed, hindered or prevented by any circumstances whatsoever which are not directly within our control.